[pvrusb2] Trouble with lirc

Jeff Sadowski jeff_sadowski at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 09:11:01 CDT 2006

I'd try the cvs version and see if that doesn't compile.
I'll try and see if I have the same issue.
I'm running 2.6.16 on FC5 also gcc-4.1.0

Frans Meulenbroeks <fransmeulenbroeks at yahoo.com> wrote: Hi all,

Actually I encountered the same problem and I was
about to query whether anyone had more info.

I am on 2.6.16. Lirc 0.8.0 did not compile. Apparently
something has changed wrt i2c driver struct
initialisation. I patched this locally by changing the
struct (using some other code as example).

This made lirc to compile.
I figured out I needed lirc_i2c.
After that mode2 is giving me data, but when I start
lircd and irw nothing is received.
I haven't really found a way to specify that I have a
hauppauge receiver (I assume it does detect this
automagically).

I happen to know my way around remotes and found some
more info. The hauppauge remote uses the RC5 protocol.
This sends 1 toggle bit, 6 bits of system code (tv,
vcr, cd, ...) and 7 bits of command code.

When I repeatedly press key 1 I get as data either
0x1781 or 0x1f81. So it seems the high order bit of
the  2nd byte (the one being 7 or f) is the toggle
bit.
the leftmost 1 is the command code (if I press 2 I get
1782 or 1f82). the command code for digit 1 is 1, for
digit 2 is 2 etc.
The odd thing is that the rest does not look like the
system code. It seems to be mostly ones, whereas the
system code for tv is 0 (vcr = 3, btw if I use a vcr
remote pressing 3 gives me either 1143 or 1943).
no output for a dvd remote.

I haven't had time yet to enable debug in the driver
to see what is happening, and I probably won't have
time before the weekend.

If you happen to have thoughts about this, please
share them.

Also I am interested to hear from people who have the
remote running with lirc (even if it is 0.7.0).
Especially I am interested in the output of mode2 when
the "1" key on the remote is pressed. (mode2 needs to
be run when lircd is not active), and in the output of
irw for that key (needs a running lircd).

Apart from that I am interested in the actual lirc
conf file (mine was the one for a standard rc5 control
which is supplied with lirc 0.8.0).
Here the scancode for key 1 is 0x1001 (which seems
sensible).

Best regards, Frans.