[pvrusb2] Trouble with lirc

Luc Bouchard lucb at luker.on.ca
Tue May 9 18:10:46 CDT 2006

Mike Isely wrote:
>> Also I am interested to hear from people who have the
>> remote running with lirc (even if it is 0.7.0).
>> Especially I am interested in the output of mode2 when
>> the "1" key on the remote is pressed. (mode2 needs to
>> be run when lircd is not active), and in the output of
>> irw for that key (needs a running lircd).
>>
>> Apart from that I am interested in the actual lirc
>> conf file (mine was the one for a standard rc5 control
>> which is supplied with lirc 0.8.0).
>> Here the scancode for key 1 is 0x1001 (which seems
>> sensible).
>>

> Take a look at misc/lircd.conf in the driver snapshot tarball.
>
>    -Mike

I was able to get remote running from the lircd.conf files found all
over the web.  Search for hauppauge remote lircd and you will find
several hits.  If I remember correctly, my gentoo system came with the
proper conf file for a Hauppauge remote.  I used several different lirc
files to cobble together a working system for Myth/Xine/Mplayer.  I even
have my Power button configured to shut the machine down.

I believe I am running lircd 0.7x, but can't confirm till I get home
from my business trip.

Luc