[pvrusb2] Audio video syncro using kaffeine.

Steven Karp skarp at mysk.org
Sun May 21 17:50:29 CDT 2006

On Sunday 21 May 2006 3:08 pm, xavier.gnata at free.fr wrote:
> As mentioned on this list, kaffeine fifo:/dev/video0#demux:mpeg does the
> job. I'm fine with it because kaffeine devel is very active (it is fully
> part of kde

Actually, you shouldn't even need the "#demux:mpeg" part.  I'm sucessfully
running it with a simple "fifo:/dev/video0".  That also makes it possible to
use kaffeine's "Save Stream" function so that you can watch and record
simultaneously; for some reason Save Stream chokes if there's a '#' character
in the filename.

> The only problem is that audio is not sync to video using kaffeine (sound
> is always a bit late).

Or perhaps it's your system, your source, your version of xine, or...  FWIW,
I'm running satellite into the hauppauge box via svideo, then watching with
kaffeine with no sync problem at all.  kaffeine 0.8.1, with xine from svn a
couple of weeks ago.

	S.