No subject

Sun Nov 5 16:05:46 CST 2006

there's no way IR will work there.

Any driver snapshot from 20061007 or later should work with 24xxx IR.
Can you please double-check that case?  Make sure when you install the
new pvrusb2.ko that you rename / remove the in-kernel copy of that
module.  You can verify what version got loaded by looking for the
banner it prints when the module initializes.  For example, from your
log file we see:

  Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 MPEG2 Encoder/Tuner : V4L in-tree version

If you run a snapshot version, the snapshot ID will be printed.  This
banner means it was the in-kernel driver or from the v4l-dvb repository.

If it still doesn't work, there are other things we can look at.