[pvrusb2] Segmentation fault when unloading module

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Oct 2 09:32:20 CDT 2006

The bottom of that stack is the msp3400 module.  What happened here is
that doing the unload naturally caused the pvrusb2 driver to unregister
the I2C adapter instance, which then causes all associated I2C chip-level
drivers to disassociate from the adapter.  When the msp3400 module tried
to disassociate it triggered the fault.

Can this be easily reproduced?

I've seen this happen before, but I could only cause it to happen if I was
using 2.6.15, and in that case the msp3400 module first had to fail during
initialization typically resulting from mis-identifying a cx25840 as an
msp3400.  I see here that you're pointing out an msp3400 failure before
you attempt to unload.  Sounds like the same problem may unfortunately
still be in that module :-(