[pvrusb2] New fwextract.pl available

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Oct 3 00:44:14 CDT 2006

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, roger wrote:

> I'm seeing similar (also have the old 29xx device).
>
> Try the ./fwextract.pl--search option?
>
> I would say, the latest inf zip file should also have the 29xx firmware
> as well.  It wouldn't make sense for Hauppauge to only release the 24xx
> firmware for the inf file update. (Unless they're trying to get us to
> buy the newer 24xx device ;-) ...

I don't think that the current driver package from Hauppauge supports the
29xxx devices.  Realize that what they are selling now are the 24xxx
devices.  However I can look into this a little more closely (i.e. plug in
a 29xxx device in Windows and see if it gets initialized then do another
manual extraction pass on it all and use that to find the other firmware).