[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20061003

ervins@latnet.lv ervins at latnet.lv
Thu Oct 5 03:40:54 CDT 2006

> I use mythtv rather then any shell script incantation.  I'm not too bad
> at shell scripting either I might add.  But mythtv is getting to be
> rather stable and dummy proof to the point even this dummy is having
> fewer problems with! :-)
>
> Besides, it has an online "tv guide" pvr style database so recording is
> as easy as clicking on the show to record.  Some of the recording
> options are somewhat trivial for beginners still as well as some setup
> options.

 Actually mythtv is quite bad for things I'm trying to do - recording whatever
is on composite from xx:xx yo yy:yy. It probably is just too smart. It wants to
change channels and name programs somehow - it has problems understanding that
listing is in one timezone and and I'm in another and it had problems
understanding that I have all interesting channels on composite and cracks up
when tries to determine what channel I might have on now. It might be also that
I just don't understand intricate ballance between inputs and channels. :) But I
will have another try with latest mythtv.  But this is all off-topic. :)

> If this helps, I usually use something like this:
> insmod /lib/module/path/to/pvrusb2.ko debug=10

Thanks for the tip!

Ervins