[pvrusb2] Still having audio troubles

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Oct 14 09:51:29 CDT 2006

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006, Aaron Newcomb wrote:

> I am still having audio problems when I try to use the s-video or
> composite inputs. All I get is static. Has anyone else had this
> problem?

You said earlier that you have a 29xxx device.  In that case, the msp3400
module is the point where the audio sources come together.  There's
nothing else anywhere that is specific to the audio line-in that can go
wrong.  Of course it's possible that we're mis-programming the msp3400,
but lots of other people have this pathway working fine (myself included)
so it's got to be something unique to your setup.

If you had a 24xxx device, then another possible cause is that the wm8775
kernel module isn't loaded - that's a driver for an audio A/D converter
that only comes into play when you're using composite or s-video in.  But
that's specific to 24xxx devices.

So aside from your device being defective (are you able to try composite
input in Windows?) or your audio cable and/or source being messed up, then
I'm out of ideas here.