[pvrusb2] Still having audio troubles

Aaron Newcomb anewcomb2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 12:16:57 CDT 2006

I have tried using different cables on 3 different computers with
different driver versions. Could it be that I need to update my
firmware and extract it again? The firmware I am using is either the
original firmware that came with the unit or maybe I updated it once
over a year ago. Is there a way to find out the level of firmware that
is loaded in the unit? Thanks for you help Mike! You are always
willing to respond with helpful suggestions.

On 10/14/06, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Oct 2006, Aaron Newcomb wrote:
>
> > I am still having audio problems when I try to use the s-video or
> > composite inputs. All I get is static. Has anyone else had this
> > problem?
>
> You said earlier that you have a 29xxx device.  In that case, the msp3400
> module is the point where the audio sources come together.  There's
> nothing else anywhere that is specific to the audio line-in that can go
> wrong.  Of course it's possible that we're mis-programming the msp3400,
> but lots of other people have this pathway working fine (myself included)
> so it's got to be something unique to your setup.
>
> If you had a 24xxx device, then another possible cause is that the wm8775
> kernel module isn't loaded - that's a driver for an audio A/D converter
> that only comes into play when you're using composite or s-video in.  But
> that's specific to 24xxx devices.
>
> So aside from your device being defective (are you able to try composite
> input in Windows?) or your audio cable and/or source being messed up, then
> I'm out of ideas here.
>
>   -Mike
>

> --
>                         |         Mike Isely          |     PGP fingerprint
>      Spammers Die!!     |                             | 03 54 43 4D 75 E5 CC 92
>                         |   isely @ pobox (dot) com   | 71 16 01 E2 B5 F5 C1 E8

Thanks,
Aaron Newcomb
http://www.thesourceshow.org