[pvrusb2] Newbie questions

Ivar Katmo ivar_74 at yahoo.no
Wed Sep 6 15:18:15 CDT 2006

Hello!

This is my first post here, so hello from Norway :)

First of all; Even thou I've installed Linux several
times I'm still pretty new to it (I have given up many
times and returned to Windows). The computer I have
installed Linux on is a EIPA MII 1.2 ghz. (too slow
for windows) I'm using the latest Ubuntu release.

I'have extracted the drivers and placed them in
'/lib/firmware/2.6.15-26-386' where several other .fw
and .bin files are located. Using the in-kernel driver
sounds easiest so I'm going for that one...

But what now? Are the driver supposed to load
automatically? Or...? '/var/log/dmesg' says nothing
about PVRUSB2.

'lsusb' says:
Bus 004 Device 008: ID 2040:2900 Hauppauge

'udevmonitor' says the following when connecting the
device:
UEVENT[1157573680.975591]
add@/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:10.3/usb4/4-3
UEVENT[1157573680.983790]