[pvrusb2] in-kernel driver & corrupt video

Rick Immel rckimmel at aim.com
Fri Sep 22 03:31:18 CDT 2006

I just got my Slackware distro installed with the 2.6.18.kernel.  I
copied the three driver extract files to the /lib/firmware directory for
my 24xxx hardware.  I plugged the hardware in and it worked, sort of.
The sound  is good, but the video is corrupted  when using xine or
mplayer.   I haven't installed MythTV yet, but there appears to be a
problem with the in-kernel driver.  I tested my hardware on another
machine running a 2.6.17 kernel, the same firmware, and the standalone
driver (20060903).  This configuration presents good audio and video
with xine and mplayer.  Has someone else experienced this problem?