[pvrusb2] FX2 firmware capture problem

kmoyer-pvrusb2_list@cox.net kmoyer-pvrusb2_list at cox.net
Thu Sep 28 09:24:23 CDT 2006

I have 24xxx hardware, but cannot find my installation CD.  I tried using fwextract.pl on the pvr24xxx_30_24062.exe contents downloaded from Hauppauge's site, but it didn't recognize it.  I, therefore, am left to manual firmware extraction.

I finally got the v4l-cx2341x-enc.fw and v4l-cx25840.fw files via usbsnoop (you might make a note that program doesn't work with laptops - at least mine.  I spent a lot of time wondering why my log file never got above 2600 bytes before I moved the rig up to my desktop).  Worked great.

Now, I am trying to extract the FX2 firmware from the router.  I send the "cpufw fetch" command followed by the ">/tmp/fx2.fw" command.  But, the latter just keeps going.  fx2.fw keeps increasing in size without bound.

I am using the in-V4L version compiled with CONFIG_VIDEO_PVRUSB2_DEBUGIFC enabled.  Is there something you'd have me try here, or am I going to have to go with the standalone?  If the standalone, is there going to be any problem already having the V4L version already installed (and that's what I want to use in the end)?

Thanks.
- Keith