[pvrusb2] PVR USB2 receiving IR keyboard codes

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Apr 10 20:22:55 CDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Rod Smith wrote:

> On Monday 09 April 2007 13:57, Mike Isely wrote:
> > On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Rod Smith wrote:
> > > On Sunday 08 April 2007 22:00, Mike Isely wrote:
> >
> >    [...]
> > >
> > > I'd love to but I can't:
> > >
> > > # rmmod ir_kbd_i2c
> > > ERROR: Module ir_kbd_i2c is in use by saa7134
> >
> > I was afraid you were going to say this :-(
> > 3. Then there's the low-tech option: Go get some black electrical tape.
> > Cut a square that's roughly 1cm/side and stick it over the front of the
> > PVR US2 device, over where the IR port is located.
>
> The low-tech solution worked, but of course it's inelegant from a systems
> point of view. I wonder why the saa7134 driver insists on loading the
> ir_kbd_i2c driver....

If the saa7134 driver is making direct calls into that module, then that
module will be locked into memory until saa7134 is unloaded first.
However given the purpose for ir_kbd_i2c, I'm a little unclear on why
any direct calls would be needed at all (said of course without looking
at either piece of code...).