[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20070428

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Apr 28 18:18:40 CDT 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Ingo Flaschberger wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> >>   (+) Convert usage of a semaphore into a mutex (a mutex is more
> >>       efficient).  This comes from a kernel janitor.
>
> sorry, posted before at the wrong thread.
> seems, the mutex stuff breaks with linux 2.6.15-4

This is because mutexes did not appear until 2.6.16.  There's some macro
#define cruft in pvrusb2-options.h which is supposed to paste over this
(by redefining mutex operations in terms of older semaphore operations).
However DEFINE_MUTEX() wasn't set up there.  Now it is.

I'm test compiling it with every kernel from 2.6.12 up to the present
before releasing this.  This time.  I meant to do that before (even had
hundreds of MB of build trees ready) but forgot :-(