[pvrusb2] Unexpected "Failed to configure cx23416"

Martin Carpella martin.carpella at gmx.net
Fri Aug 10 01:38:37 CDT 2007

Mike Isely schrieb:

>> Temperature was the first issue I suspected, but the device is neither
>> hot nor is the air around it hot.
>
> Well I had to ask...

Of course ;)

>> After my e-mail I changed my Ubuntu kernel from generic to low-latency
>> as I suspected a timing problem and strange enough the crashes are not
>> happening at the moment. But this may well be coincidence as I
>> cold-bootet both the device and the computer several times in the
>> process and removed the power cord for several minutes, so maybe it just
>> cooled down. I will now perform some recordings to see if the issue
>> comes back.
>
> Anything yet?
>
> If you can get it reliably fail in this manner it would be interesting
> to also note if this happens when running the Windows driver as well.

Strange enough: no. Since switching to the low-latency timer I performed
  a lot of recordings, one including 6h of continuous recordings. This
error did not re-occur.

I will have to switch back to the default kernel to see if the issue
happens there, but I am a little bit busy in my job at the moment, so
this will happen sometime next week.

I will report back if I find anything. Up to now I just can say sorry
for jumping in here with this question and then being unable to
reproduce the problem.

Best regards,
Martin