[pvrusb2] posting language of choice [was: PARTIAL SUCCESS Re: terratec grabster av400.. short report..]

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Aug 24 21:36:07 CDT 2007

Andrea:

Thanks for explaining things.  I appreciate it.

Marco & other interested parties...

This however still leaves a problem - honestly it never occurred to me
that I'd have to even worry about this.  The fact is that the pvrusb2
list is in essence an english mailing list.  It really needs to stay
that way, otherwise the value of the mailing list archives will be
impacted.  Also, on a more practical note, being the owner of this list,
I really need to be able to read what's being posted.  I consider myself
ultimately responsible for the list's content and I can't fulfill that
responsibility if I can't read what has been posted.  For example (and
this is contrived) if someone were to start spewing porn posts in for
example german there's no real way I'd be able to recognize that this
was happening.  That causes a big problem here.

I also understand that for those whose primary language is not english
that this is going to be a hardship.  For that I apologize.  The last
thing I want to do is make things difficult for people.  But I really
have to look at the common case here and for that we really need to
stick to english.

So, my apologies to non-english speakers, but let's please all keep it
english, ok?  Thanks.

  -Mike

p.s.

The Terratec device is an interesting situation.  From what I've been
told before I suspect I could probably get it working here in fairly
short order.  But I don't live in Italy :-(