[pvrusb2] Unable to play video

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Feb 4 13:12:38 CST 2007

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Phudgee wrote:

   [...]

> Thanks for the info.
>
> I'm not familiar with sysfs so I'll do some reading on that.
>
> I did however 'cat /dev/video >/tmp/foo.mpg' and the file size just sat
> at 0 bytes.

The sysfs interface is (currently) unique to this driver.  The pvrusb2
web documentation, in the "usage" page, describes how to use that
interface.

The fact that cat'ing to a file yields nothing means that the driver
isn't streaming for some reason (as opposed to it being an mplayer
problem).  I'd make sure that you're actually tuning a station.  I'd
also look hard at trying to test the composite or s-video input, since
proper tuning is not required for those inputs to work.