[pvrusb2] pvr-firmware (Gentoo) & Lirc Support

roger roger at eskimo.com
Mon Feb 5 17:54:07 CST 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 13:29 -0600, Mike Isely wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, roger wrote:
>
> > Think I've just realized, the reason why I'm seeing lirc not working
> > (ie. not making device /etc/lirc/0 as such, not finding pvrusb2 IR
> > device) is possibly rooted back to the pvr-firmwares.

> Roger:
>
> If you can provably show this problem to be happening, that would be
> very helpful.  In other words, do a controlled test, changing only the
> firmware file and power cycling the PVR USB2 device each time.  Note
> that you MUST power cycle the device in order for the driver to load the
> FX2 firmware (otherwise the FX2 firmware is already loaded and won't be
> reloaded by the driver).

>   -Mike

I'll do my best with time permitting.  I've got several projects on my
desk, and haven't spent much time watching TV or recordings.

Hopefully, if somebody sees this, and they're wondering why their IR
remote isn't working in Gentoo, they'll know to look at the firmwares or
to cold boot the device in windows to further trouble shoot.

Heck. I haven't recorded much at all in the past months.  The device is
just here incase I want to record a news story of interest.

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Mon Feb 5 15:50:23 PST 2007