[pvrusb2] I2C warning latest snapshot and kernel 2.6.20.

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Tue Feb 6 09:03:16 CST 2007

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Bent Lykkebo wrote:

> I have just installed kernel version 2.6.20 with the latest snapshot on
> my Ubuntu laptop, but why do I get the I2C warning (the device seems to
> be working) and I still have the problem that the msp3400 chip reset
> sometime fails - not in this log.

   [...]

Yes, I'm aware of the i2C warning.  This behavior is new for 2.6.20.  I
believe there's some work that the I2C core expects of the driver to
associate its internal I2C bus with the device node, which should result
in another entry deep inside of sysfs.  This issue is basically harmless
for the moment; in fact it might be shielding the pvrusb2 driver from a
known bug in the cx25840 module that Hans Verkuil just fixed.  It's on
my short list of things to clean up.

The msp3400 chip reset issue I haven't seen in quite a long time.  If
you could provide more information about that, I will try to reproduce
it here.