[pvrusb2] pvrusb2-mci-20070114 radio support - stereo?

Rick Macdonald rickm at timshel.ca
Mon Feb 12 08:24:56 CST 2007

Pantelis wrote:
>> OK, I'm following the instructions at
>>
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/repo/
>>
>> and have downloaded v4l-dvb-bc48fbd0ea86.tar.gz. It looks like all I
>> have to do is "make" and "make reload" to test it all, and "make
>> install" to install the modules permanently. It seems that it should be
>> compatible with my 2.6.18-3 kernel.
>>
>> Sound reasonable? I won't get to try this until tonight.
>>
>> ...RickM...
>>

> This is probably your best option and may also give you additional bugfixes.
> But just in (the unfortunate) case that this doesn 't work, you can also
> just apply the attached patch to your kernel ("refreshed" for 2.6.18.3):
>
> cd linux-2.6.18.3
> patch -Np1 -i ../4982_fix_broken_audio_mode_handling_for_line_in_in_msp3400.patch
>
> or the way the pros are doing it (not refering to me obviously)
> install quilt
> cd linux-2.6.18.3
> quilt
> import ../4982_fix_broken_audio_mode_handling_for_line_in_in_msp3400.patch
> <The quilt import ... is a single line>
> quilt push
>
> then the patch will be kept in the patches/ subdirectory of linux-2.6.18.3/
> and you can push/pop/combine it with other patches at any time super-easily
> (at least compared to the other options).
>
> Please post if this fixes FM stereo for you :-)
>
> -Pantelis

v4l-dvb built perfectly cleanly, but loading the modules gave me a ton
of unresolved references. For the first time in 13 years I have
installed a pre-built kernel image (Debian) instead of building my own
kernel, so I don't have the full kernel source, just the headers. I'm
surprised it didn't work, but I guess I don't really know what to
expect. I got real busy and haven't had a chance to build a kernel yet.