[pvrusb2] pvrusb2-mci-20070114 radio support - stereo?

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Mon Feb 12 08:48:59 CST 2007

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Rick Macdonald wrote:

> v4l-dvb built perfectly cleanly, but loading the modules gave me a ton
> of unresolved references. For the first time in 13 years I have
> installed a pre-built kernel image (Debian) instead of building my own
> kernel, so I don't have the full kernel source, just the headers. I'm
> surprised it didn't work, but I guess I don't really know what to
> expect. I got real busy and haven't had a chance to build a kernel yet.

Two things:

First, make sure you are building v4l-dvb against the correct set of
kernel headers.

Second, you need to install all of v4l-dvb modules not just a few pieces
(no idea if you did that or not).  And make sure you've removed the old
versions of those modules out of the kernel and have unloaded any old
modules that might be running at the time you did the install.

Miss either of those two and you will have unresolved references.

FYI, I just started using kernel 2.6.20 regularly.  I had been using
2.6.18.1 previously.  So far it's looking pretty good.  Too soon to
tell, but on my big desktop system (Intel core 2 duo w/ a pair of large
SATA drives) I think I'm seeing significantly improved I/O throughput.