[pvrusb2] wintvpvrusb tv tuner

Chris Rutherford chrismrutherford at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 24 14:08:49 CST 2007

Hi All,

I have just upgraded my kernel etc to get the pvrusb2 driver working.  I was
previously on a really old kernel so I jumped straight to 2.6.18.  The
driver is compiled in and working etc.  I can access video from /dev/video0
and the led glows red when streaming etc.  Unfortunately all I can see is
black and white dots.  i.e. after several hours of searching I have not been
able to change channel.  I have used the scantv tool to locate channels, but
I have been unable to actually make the pvr output the channel that I want.
Does anyone know of a working app and a set of CLI parameters that can be
used to tune the device.

The closet I have found so far is:-

mplayer tv:// -tv chanel=56:driver=v412:norl=pal:device=/dev/video0

However this results in an ioctl error.

Many Thanks

Chris Rutherford