[pvrusb2] remote, radio and other issues

leonardo billtorvalds1 at yahoo.it
Tue Feb 27 17:11:14 CST 2007

  So
for something like kradio, the program just has to treat the device like
an "old radio card" and assume that somebody else is handling the actual
audio - only in this case instead of a loop-around cable it's mplayer
grabbing the stream and decoding it into something that can be sent
digitally to your sound card.

thanks for the clear explaination.
This is the same problem of having  a  MPEG output  and making TV applications read it,
 right?  how do those application deal with DVB?
maybe this has been already discussed in the past for video, but wouldn't it be
convenient to embed into the code of the driver itself  the creation of a new device
that outputs a pcm stream? Even if I'm no expert of low level development
I understand that encoding/decoding in kernel space is not a clean solution
but it would make the device "standard" to what V4L expects, withouth requesting
the user to mess around with mplayer&co and without changing V4L (which should be
the most proper action as I understand). What would be the pros and cons of this
solution?

my 2€cents.
leonardo.