[pvrusb2] Non-root access to control pvrusb2 driver

G Mc.Pherson gamcpherson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 21:45:34 CST 2007

Hi Steve,

Steven Karp wrote:
> On Friday 05 January 2007 11:06, G Mc.Pherson wrote:
> OK, this is weird.
>
> I have sysfsutils installed and apparently working, but I don't have
> an /etc/sysfs.conf file.
>
> Did a little Googling, and found one post that suggested that kernel 2.6.16 is
> at fault -- and that is the kernel I'm using (Suse 10.1 currently has
> 2.6.26.21-0.25-smp).
>
> Anyone know where the equivalent file is for 2.6.16, or should I just hold off
> playing with this until I upgrade to a more recent kernel?

Are you sure about that kernel version? currently 2.6.20-rc3-git4 is the
absolute latest snapshot version (according to www.kernel.org). I
realize that most distro's apply their own collection of patches and
usually bump the version number in some way but generally leave the root
version numbering alone.

2.6.26-* sounds a little weird to me.

Gord