[pvrusb2] Non-root access to control pvrusb2 driver

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Jan 6 14:51:39 CST 2007

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007, Steven Karp wrote:

> On Friday 05 January 2007 11:06, G Mc.Pherson wrote:
> > I was tooling around with sysfsutils and noticed that it's possible to
> > change the ownership of entries in the /sys subdirectory. By adding the
> > following sample entries into /etc/sysfs.conf:
>
> OK, this is weird.
>
> I have sysfsutils installed and apparently working, but I don't have
> an /etc/sysfs.conf file.
>
> Did a little Googling, and found one post that suggested that kernel 2.6.16 is
> at fault -- and that is the kernel I'm using (Suse 10.1 currently has
> 2.6.26.21-0.25-smp).
>
> Anyone know where the equivalent file is for 2.6.16, or should I just hold off
> playing with this until I upgrade to a more recent kernel?

Config files in userland should have nothing to do with the kernel.

On the other hand, that config file probably has a lot to do with your
sysfsutils and/or udev version.  Perhaps a later version of sysfsutils
is needed?  (I have no idea really - this package is as new to me as it
probably is to others here.)