[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20070119

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Jan 20 23:18:43 CST 2007

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007, Rick Macdonald wrote:

> I see a problem with "v4l-info" with the latest driver snapshots
> compared to the one that comes with the 2.6.18-3 kernel. v4l-info runs
> OK with the kernel version,  but the new snapshots get stuck in a loop
> printing the "tuners" section forever, incrementing the tuner number. I
> can alternately remove and reload the two driver versions and see the
> problem come and go. 20070114 had the problem as well. A diff of the two
> files is hard to look at because the order changes, but a "?" in the
> "general info/capabilities" values caught my eye.

The big change over the last couple snapshots is that the implementation
for VIDIOC_G_TUNER was redone.  Previously the driver returned a
hardcoded result.  Now the driver echoes back information from the
various I2C client modules (as it really should).  So the info is likely
to be different, but I would have thought the difference to be an
improvement.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'll investigate this (after I get some sleep
first)...