[pvrusb2] automatic frequency scanning / ghosting

Pantelis pakt223 at freemail.gr
Sun Jan 28 07:15:58 CST 2007

Στις Κυριακή 28 Ιανουάριος 2007 13:21, ο/η Tamas K Papp έγραψε:
> How could one tune automatically using the pvrusb2
> device?  Would taking the midpoints of the range where a signal is
> detected be a viable approach?  I would be happy to write code/scripts
> but need advice on what to do.

I think the fact that now the driver returns an integer as signal strength
instead of a boolean as it used to, would be helpful in your case. So, you
can take the midpoints of the range where a signal is detected as a starting
point,  and then you can do a local search around each midpoint for the
frequency that maximizes

/sys/class/pvrusb2/sn-*/ctl_signal_present/cur_val

This will probably work for the fine tuning.

Just my 2c,
-Pantelis