[pvrusb2] vertical black lines in the video

Pantelis pakt223 at freemail.gr
Tue Jan 30 02:16:23 CST 2007

Στις Δευτέρα 29 Ιανουάριος 2007 19:20, ο/η devsk έγραψε:
> Hi,
>
> I see vertical black lines in some of the channels, which look more like
> vertical interlace. e.g.
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~funtoos/vertical-lines.png
>
> Do you know if some sysfs setting can get rid of these? They are
> prominently present on channel 2 (KTVU) but are seen some other channels as
> well. These are not seen on the normal tv set.

Well, I don 't have a solution for you, but I find it curious that a similar
problem was reported at #v4l a few hours ago. Hans Verkuil said that it
didn 't ring any bell, but the other reporter was also using a cx25840 device
(a wintv PVR-150) and was also from the US (NTSC-M).

So maybe this is not a coincidence and this points to a bug in this module
when combined with this specific tvnorm (??)

-Pantelis