[pvrusb2] MPEG1 stream type

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Jul 22 23:26:02 CDT 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Mark Brand wrote:

> I cannot get it to work either.  The video has the same problems
> Frédéric mentions.
>
> Using pvrusb2-mci-20070428a.
>
> These are the settings I use:
>

> echo 352 >> ctl_resolution_hor/cur_val
> echo 288 >> ctl_resolution_ver/cur_val

These *might* be contributing to the problem.  I have noticed that the
cx23416 encoder doesn't always handle every possible combination of
resolutions correctly.  You might want to start with something known to
work (e.g. 640x480 or 320x240) and then once everything else is OK at
that resolution then you can try a more interesting resolution.

A while back I did some experimentation with resolution settings and
came up with an algorithm that seems to more or less predict "bad"
horizontal resolutions.  It is far from perfect but it might give you
some insight with this issue.  Check here:

http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.html#Bugs

(With that said, I have not run 352 through that to see if it's "ok".
The point here is that I already know that the cx23416 seems to be
sensitive to the chosen encoding resolution and that this issue might be
an aggravating factor.)