[pvrusb2] Jumpy Video in Mythtv

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 13:26:35 CDT 2007

On 6/28/07, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:
> I'm a little confused about how you had "ATSC" selected in mythtv.
> That's a tuner-specific setting, IIRC.  My own setup at home currently
> has two tuners.  One is an ATSC (pcHDTV HD-3000), the other is a PVR
> USB2 device.  The parameters to set up one have nothing to do with the
> other, so I don't understand your ATSC vs NTSC point above.

In mythtv global backend setup, there is a selection for the default
tv system. I had selected ATSC, and I'm guessing that if it is not
ATSC, it picks PAL by default. If I select NTSC, then it uses that and
obviously ATSC overides it for the digital tuner.

It seems to even be handling the transition between live tv shows correctly now.

I'm still working on the audio issues.

Mark