[pvrusb2] s-video input and audio question

Rick Macdonald rickm at timshel.ca
Mon Mar 12 11:42:12 CDT 2007

I think the original poster is confused by calling the red/white audio
jacks "composite" connectors. The only "composite" jack is the yellow
RCA jack labeled "Composite Video In" connector. "composite" means the
three separate Y'PbPr component video signals are mixed (composed) into one.

The device has 4 sources to choose from. The first three are video
sources; radio of course is audio only.

# cat ctl_input/enum_val
television
s-video
composite
radio

Television and radio get their signals (including audio) from the coax
connectors on the back near the USB and power connectors. The connectors
for the other two video sources, labeled "S-Video" and "Composite
Video", are video only, and get their audio from the red/white
right/left "Audio In" jacks that are right beside the S-Video and
Composite Video jacks.

So, the "composite" shown by ctl_input is not an audio source, it's a
video source.

Rick