[pvrusb2] New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20071116

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sat Nov 17 01:13:39 CST 2007

A new pvrusb2 snapshot is available.  THIS IS A SIGNIFICANT UPDATE.

Feature-wise the driver looks the same, but a lot has changed under the
hood.  The goal here was to improve the capture stability.  I think I've
succeeded - I can no longer cause the video to corrupt.  In addition, a
stress test written by Hans Verkuil for ivtv which previously failed on
this driver now works.  I've been working on these changes for a while.
I hope you all like the results.

I am not going to print the summary of changes here - it's too lengthy.
Instead I invite you to see for youself by looking here:

http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/history.html#pvrusb2-mci-20071116

Please let me know if you see any new problems with this snapshot.
Being that there are a large number of changes, the risk for breakage is
considerably higher this time.  But I do believe this is an overall
improvement; I've been beating on the driver here and it's time for
others to play.  Please try it out.

I have been testing with vanilla kernel version 2.6.22.10.  I did verify
successful compilation of the driver all the way back to 2.6.12 (as
usual) but I have NOT tested any of those versions.  I also verified
correct compilation under 2.6.23.x.  I have no reason to suspect there
might be problems in other kernels, but one never knows...

As usual, the pvrusb2 web site can be found at:

  http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/pvrusb2.html