[pvrusb2] Driver does not enumerate control-classes

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Dec 14 13:45:34 CST 2008

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008, Carsten Meier wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I am currently making myself familar with the v4l2-API and noticed that
> the pvrusb2-driver does not enumerate the control-classes via
> VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL (with a control-type of V4L2_CTRL_TYPE_CTRL_CLASS).
> Have I misunderstood the v4l2-API or is it a bug?

Carsten:

I believe what you are refering to is not strictly needed, and it
postdates that part of the driver.  VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL is implemented (in
pvrusb2-v4l2.c) but the concept of control classes IIRC came later and
the driver was never updated to implement it.

All appropriate controls are available through that interface, and
always have been.

Someone can feel free to disagree with me there.  I can be convinced.

isely @ pobox (dot) com