[pvrusb2] Driver does not enumerate control-classes

Carsten Meier cm at trexity.de
Sun Dec 14 15:42:16 CST 2008

Am Sun, 14 Dec 2008 13:45:34 -0600 (CST)
schrieb Mike Isely <isely at isely.net>:
> I believe what you are refering to is not strictly needed, and it
> postdates that part of the driver.  VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL is implemented
> (in pvrusb2-v4l2.c) but the concept of control classes IIRC came
> later and the driver was never updated to implement it.
>
> All appropriate controls are available through that interface, and
> always have been.
>
> Someone can feel free to disagree with me there.  I can be convinced.
>
>   -Mike

-> Trying to convince: ;)
http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/video4linux/API/V4L2_API/spec-single/v4l2.html#AEN867

But I also found a section, that older drivers may not support that
feature:
http://www.linuxtv.org/downloads/video4linux/API/V4L2_API/spec-single/v4l2.html#V4L2-CTRL-TYPE
(by the documentation of the V4L2_CTRL_TYPE_CTRL_CLASS value)

Now I'm adding code to emulate names for the predefined
control-classes. However, it would be nice if the driver supports
this...

Regards,
Carsten