[pvrusb2] Brand new HVR-1950 - no IR device!

Nat Tellin nat.tellin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 18:12:42 CDT 2008

Ooops...I must have misunderstood his instructions. I realized from
your message that there's specifically an lirc_pvr150 kernel module.

So out with lirc_i2c. Using the new module wasn't as easy as I'd hoped
for some reason.
There was some kind of version issue between the newer modules
compiled specifically for my HVR-1950 to work and the lirc_pvr150
module included by distro, though it seemed minor. I ended up throwing
caution to the wind and recompiling it with the offending part
commented out - not needed for normal operation.

For some reason, the module is included with my distro and in the lirc
sources package, but not in the official lirc download. Peculiar -
perhaps there's a newer version that I haven't found that doesn't
require editing.

Now, following modprobe lirc_pvr150 debug=1
[ 2563.197407] lirc_pvr150: probe 0x70 @ pvrusb2_a: no
[ 2563.197765] lirc_pvr150: probe 0x71 @ pvrusb2_a: no
[ 2563.197768] lirc_pvr150: pvrusb2_a: no devices found

I had the source for lirc_pvr150 open anyway - the probing doesn't
touch anything but the i2c subsystem, so I'm not going to blame it on
my juggling module versions.

Pardon my ignorance in use of the wrong driver initially. If this is
indeed the right one to use, I'm willing to try any suggestions.