[pvrusb2] How can I get detailed info like SNR, AGC from pvrusb2 package at USB hauppauge tuner?

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Jun 8 12:59:17 CDT 2008

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008, Tina Ning wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I saw for dvb tuner PCI card, it is possble to use DVB
> frontend of Linux kernel to get SNR & AGC information.
> Do you know if there is a way to get tuner status
> information from pvrusb2 sysfs? I hope to know its
> SNR, AGC value. I assume to get signal strength, I can
> use ioctl VIDIOC_G_TUNER to get such info. But I don't
> know how to get SNR, AGC info.

The DVB core is completely different than the V4L core, and the hardware
in question is also completely different.  In this case you're talking
about stats from the tuner; the pvrusb2 driver currently relies on the
V4L core API (e.g. VIDIOC_G_TUNER) for such information.  If it isn't
available via that function, then it probably isn't possible right now
to retrieve it.  I imagine this isn't what you wanted to hear :-(

isely @ pobox (dot) com