No subject

Mon Jun 16 13:01:36 CDT 2008

can also trigger lirc0 showing up.

The appearance of lirc0 (apparently by me poking around modules just
right by accident) made me think it was working. At that point I
thought the remote would work as soon as I configured lirc correctly
(which it still doesn't). But then I noticed dmesg:

[ 8774.740210] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
[ 8774.986600] lirc_i2c: chip 0x10005 found @ 0x1a (Hauppauge IR)
[ 8774.986656] lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 10
[ 8780.549011] pvrusb2: Timed out control-write
[ 8780.549025] pvrusb2: Device being rendered inoperable
[ 8780.549626] pvrusb2: Attempted to execute control transfer when device not ok
[ 8780.549635] pvrusb2: Attempted to execute control transfer when device not ok
[ 8780.549641] pvrusb2: Attempted to execute control transfer when device not ok
[ 8780.549646] pvrusb2: Attempted to execute control transfer when device not ok
[ 8780.549651] pvrusb2: Attempted to execute control transfer when device not ok
[ 8780.549656] pvrusb2: Attempted to execute control transfer when device not ok

That sample is from reloading lirc_i2c. The same thing occurs no
matter how I get the IR device detected (though the errors may start
showing up at some other point).

I'm not sure what has to happen exactly to trigger the error, but I do
know that checking dmesg after playing with lirc stuff for a bit
(including trying to echo button presses to a terminal), that same
message filled pages...

Perhaps this will help to compare to other models?
[ 9663.139266] tveeprom 1-00a2: Hauppauge model 75111, rev C3E9, <snip>