[pvrusb2] Lirc not creating /dev/lirc0!

roger roger at eskimo.com
Sun Mar 9 18:28:53 CDT 2008

For the sake of anybody's sanity while searching for a possible solution
in the future and for completion of this thread, I've resorted this
issue being h/w related specifically with this specific pvrusb2 device.

The other day, I tested the pvrusb2 device on a windows laptop and IR
detection *also* failed.  Even after upgrading to the latest Hauppauge
drivers and IR application.

So, the scenario displayed on two different boxes and two different
O/S's using two separate driver trees leads me to believe the source of
my issue is the pvrusb2 device's specific h/w.

Possibilities are:

1) Still have not ruled-out a faulty power supply for the pvrusb2
device.

2) Loose solder connection on the pvrusb2 device.

3) Bad IR chip, etc ...

(As far as TuxOnIce (aka Suspend2) or Kexec rebooting hindering LIRC/IR
stability, I can't even say at this point as my issue seems to be more
closely related to the pvrusb2 h/w itself.)

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html

Sun Mar 9 15:21:10 AKDT 2008