[pvrusb2] Mythtv follies [Was: New driver snapshot: pvrusb2-mci-20080210]

roger roger at eskimo.com
Sun Mar 9 22:07:39 CDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 19:39 -0500, Mike Isely wrote:

> Yeah, I've had my own checkered past trying to upgrade a mythtv
> installation.  Though I am extremely interested in upgrading, I do at
> the moment have a mostly stable 0.20.2 cluster running (or maybe to
> describe it better - I have a well understood cluster running right
> now).  I just got this going so I'm even more interested in not
> immediately breaking it!

Running mythtv-0.20.2 as well here on Gentoo (currently the latest
unmasked version as well).

Mythtv.org has release notes posted.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Release_Notes_-_0.21

Their front page lists the major additions.

>From viewing, I'd stick with 0.20.2 as well.  Most changes seem to be
with auto configuration and transcoding options.

The pvrusb2 seems to be immune to most of these changes.

Only thing I'm focused on currently, mythtv-setup scanner for active
channels seems to miss quite a few active channels here using standard
tv antenna.  Also, am eye'ing the new storage features... but might
cause headaches for me if I upgrade as I'm storing videos to a
non-default location.

As they say, wait until next release for all the fixes for this release
to be included. ;-)

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html