[pvrusb2] Trapped on Fox

David Rush david at rushtone.com
Tue Mar 11 20:58:46 CDT 2008

I've got a new WinTV-PVR-USB2 (24xxx series), and am trying to get it working right under Ubuntu
7.10 (Gutsy).

Without having to explicitly install the driver, I can:
use mplayer /dev/video0 to watch TV
use totem /dev/video0 to watch TV
use "cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg" to record video

However, I've not been able to change channels at all - I'm stuck on the local Fox station.
Ultimately the primary purpose of this box will be to encode from the composite (RCA) input.

tvtime says "pvrusb2: Invalid argument", "Cannot open capture device /dev/video0", "No signal", and
"No video source" in various places around the screen.

Suggestions on where to go now?

David