[pvrusb2] Mac Mini & pvrusb2

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Sun Mar 30 18:29:15 CDT 2008

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008, Bjorn Danielsson wrote:

> Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Santiago Almenara wrote:
> > >[...]
> > > I know I can install Linux on it but I don't know if the pvrusb2
> > > device will work on it, though... have anyone tried??
> >
> > Roger's response is pretty much on the money.
> >
> > If you are already booting Linux on the machine, and assuming that you
> > have working USB ports there in Linux (can't think of a reason why you
> > wouldn't), then there should be no problem with the pvrusb2 driver and
> > the device should work.
>
> I am actually just days or weeks away from buying a new Mac Mini for
> exactly this purpose. My old TV computer is a "chipped" Xbox and it's
> growing old... (still running a 2.4 kernel and my ancient brute-force
> libusb driver hack actually) and after researching a number of various
> possible choices of new hardware, the Mac Mini ended up as my favourite.
>
> So I'm not yet in a position to say that I have tried it on the Mac
> Mini, but I am totally confident that Mike's USB driver is going to work.
> And if I'm wrong, let's make it work :-)

Hi Bjorn.  Haven't heard from you in a quite a long while.  I thought
you were forever married to your usermode driver?  :-)

When / if you get that Mac Mini, it would be great if you could post
here the results of running the pvrusb2 driver there.  I do agree it
should work without issues, but I'm not in any position to try it here
(I don't have a mac).

isely @ pobox (dot) com