[pvrusb2] [patch] capture window centering via VIDIOC_S_CROP

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sat May 10 02:26:04 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 8:21 PM, Mike Isely <isely at isely.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 9 May 2008, vdb128 at picaros.org wrote:
>
>> The pvrusb2 patches here below implement capture window centering
>> by adding the controls crop_left and crop_top.  They call the v4l2
>> ioctl VIDIOC_CROPCAP and VIDIOC_S_CROP to get the capture
>> rectangle default and to set the margins.
> I briefly scanned through the pvrusb2 part of the code and it appears
> that you have really nailed down how the controls work in the driver.
> Great job.  I will play around with this a bit (in NTSC-M BTW) and if
> there aren't any issues I'll merge it in.
>
> The cx25840 driver part is a different issue.  I don't maintain that
> driver.  However I will see about getting those changes reviewed and
> pushed up into the V4L-DVB repository.
>
> Thanks.
>
>  -Mike

It looks like this will solve the issue I had where too much of the
vertical interval shows in your latest versions of the driver.
Maybe it will also help trouble shoot it. Please post the patches when
you have them for NTSC and I'll try them out. If you
could point me to instructions how to rebuild only one kernel module
(cx25840), I'd appreciate it. It would be much faster
and less disruptive than building the whole kernel.

Thanks Mike and thanks vdb128 at picaros.org whoever you are. I had
pretty much given up on this problem.

Mark