[pvrusb2] [patch] capture window centering via VIDIOC_S_CROP

roger roger at eskimo.com
Sat May 10 02:52:32 CDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 00:26 -0700, Mark Goldberg wrote:

Apparently also had this with analog Cable TV signal, but could trouble
shoot without the previously mentioned work.

> It looks like this will solve the issue I had where too much of the
> vertical interval shows in your latest versions of the driver.
> Maybe it will also help trouble shoot it. Please post the patches when
> you have them for NTSC and I'll try them out. If you
> could point me to instructions how to rebuild only one kernel module
> (cx25840), I'd appreciate it. It would be much faster
> and less disruptive than building the whole kernel.

Something like the following *should* work (.. help save mike some time
typing ... maybe ... ;-)

TO PATCH
# cd /usr/src/linux/drivers/media/video/cx25840/

# patch --dry-run < ~/patch.diff
(May need to use -p0 or -p1.)

Omit --dry-run when you feel safe, or feel free to use -R / --reverse to
reverse the applied patch.)

CLEAN OUT OLD cx25840.o builds and CHANGE TO ROOT KERNEL FOLDER (Prep
for Building Kernel)

# make clean && cd /usr/src/linux

# make bzImage modules modules_install install