[pvrusb2] [patch] capture window centering via VIDIOC_S_CROP

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sat May 10 18:47:32 CDT 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:52 AM, roger <roger at eskimo.com> wrote:
> Something like the following *should* work (.. help save mike some time
> typing ... maybe ... ;-)
>
> TO PATCH
> # cd /usr/src/linux/drivers/media/video/cx25840/
>
> # patch --dry-run < ~/patch.diff
> (May need to use -p0 or -p1.)
>
> Omit --dry-run when you feel safe, or feel free to use -R / --reverse to
> reverse the applied patch.)
>

> CLEAN OUT OLD cx25840.o builds and CHANGE TO ROOT KERNEL FOLDER (Prep
> for Building Kernel)
>
> # make clean && cd /usr/src/linux
>
> # make bzImage modules modules_install install

Thanks, but I know how to do that. What I want to do is build a new
cx25840.ko module for an existing kernel
that is installed from rpms. I know I have to get the corresponding
source, but I don't want to rebuild a whole
kernel every time, just build one module, similar to how pvrusb2.ko is
built against the current kernel and copied to
the module tree to replace the existing module. I'm sure it also
depends on the distribution, fedora doing things a little
different from the generic kernel. I've built kernels from fedora
source before, but they wound up another completely
different kernel, and it is alot of steps. My time on this machine is
limited, as it is used by the family all the time.

Mark