[pvrusb2] [patch] capture window centering via VIDIOC_S_CROP

roger roger at eskimo.com
Sat May 10 23:04:01 CDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 16:47 -0700, Mark Goldberg wrote:
> On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:52 AM, roger <roger at eskimo.com> wrote:
> > Something like the following *should* work (.. help save mike some time
> > typing ... maybe ... ;-)
> >
> > TO PATCH
> > # cd /usr/src/linux/drivers/media/video/cx25840/
> >
> > # patch --dry-run < ~/patch.diff
> > (May need to use -p0 or -p1.)
> >
> > Omit --dry-run when you feel safe, or feel free to use -R / --reverse to
> > reverse the applied patch.)
> >

> > CLEAN OUT OLD cx25840.o builds and CHANGE TO ROOT KERNEL FOLDER (Prep
> > for Building Kernel)
> >
> > # make clean && cd /usr/src/linux
> >
> > # make bzImage modules modules_install install
>
> Thanks, but I know how to do that. What I want to do is build a new
> cx25840.ko module for an existing kernel
> that is installed from rpms.

In your case then, it might be better to just wait for your distro
maintainers to provide a compiled kernel rpm build for you.

If you're desperate and still want this to work, you could hope to find
the official cx25840 svn/cvs repository.  Download the version matching
your installed kernel and only compile that module.  (IMO, unless you're
coding, this is more like hacking to make things work.)

Best method, download the SRPM and compile the whole kernel.  I think
the SRPM's usually come with a default config file.  (Configuring a
kernel is the most time consuming, other then building it is as easy as
typing make bzImage and letting it do all the work.)  Come to think, I
don't think you can apply a patch without first specifying the patch
within the .spec file, and then re-rolling the SRPM. :-/

FYI  I use Gentoo.  Manually rebuild my kernel with each release with
using the previously used .config file.  Pretty easy.  Easier then
finding the dumb "Start Menu" button in windows and then trying to click
on it! <grin>

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html