[pvrusb2] [patch] capture window centering via VIDIOC_S_CROP

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sun May 11 00:30:29 CDT 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 9:12 PM, roger <roger at eskimo.com> wrote:
> Mark, it just occurred to me this is probably more of a question should be asked within your distro's support forum (ie. IRC, Web Board Forums, etc).
>
> I don't use RedHat/Fedora and I think Mike uses Debian.
>
> Also note, pvrusb2 is now included within the kernel now.  (Older
> versions were released as patches -- six months to a year now since
> pvrusb2 was included w/i the kernel?)
>
> I don't know if anybody is going to have any better advice here on this
> one.  ... besides correcting my data, lol.

I found this:

http://www.linlap.com/wiki/Installing+the+latest+V4L+TV+tuner+drivers+for+Fedora+8

Basically getting v4l-dvb from Mercurial, building and replacing the
modules. Looks reasonably
easy.

It might be better to start from the Fedora Kernel source though.  If
I can get the kernel source set up
correctly, it looks as simple as Make M=<path to module>. The problem
is to get the kernel source
set up with the right things so it thinks it is for the existing
kernel, not a new copy you want to build.

I guess I'l have to try both and see which works after Mike comes up
with some patches for NTSC.

Please post them and let us know which versions of which sources they
are against.

Mark