[pvrusb2] [patch] capture window centering via VIDIOC_S_CROP

roger roger at eskimo.com
Sat May 10 23:12:25 CDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 16:47 -0700, Mark Goldberg wrote:
> On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:52 AM, roger <roger at eskimo.com> wrote:
> > Something like the following *should* work (.. help save mike some time
> > typing ... maybe ... ;-)
> >
> > TO PATCH
> > # cd /usr/src/linux/drivers/media/video/cx25840/
> >
> > # patch --dry-run < ~/patch.diff
> > (May need to use -p0 or -p1.)
> >
> > Omit --dry-run when you feel safe, or feel free to use -R / --reverse to
> > reverse the applied patch.)
> >

> > CLEAN OUT OLD cx25840.o builds and CHANGE TO ROOT KERNEL FOLDER (Prep
> > for Building Kernel)
> >
> > # make clean && cd /usr/src/linux
> >
> > # make bzImage modules modules_install install
>
> Thanks, but I know how to do that. What I want to do is build a new
> cx25840.ko module for an existing kernel
> that is installed from rpms. I know I have to get the corresponding
> source, but I don't want to rebuild a whole
> kernel every time, just build one module, similar to how pvrusb2.ko is
> built against the current kernel and copied to
> the module tree to replace the existing module. I'm sure it also
> depends on the distribution, fedora doing things a little
> different from the generic kernel. I've built kernels from fedora
> source before, but they wound up another completely
> different kernel, and it is alot of steps. My time on this machine is
> limited, as it is used by the family all the time.

Mark, it just occurred to me this is probably more of a question should be asked within your distro's support forum (ie. IRC, Web Board Forums, etc).

I don't use RedHat/Fedora and I think Mike uses Debian.

Also note, pvrusb2 is now included within the kernel now.  (Older
versions were released as patches -- six months to a year now since
pvrusb2 was included w/i the kernel?)

I don't know if anybody is going to have any better advice here on this
one.  ... besides correcting my data, lol.

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html