[pvrusb2] Hauppauge HVR 1950

Tina Ning Tina.Ning at digeo.com
Wed May 14 11:15:54 CDT 2008

Mike,

I am starting a project that I need to port Hauppauge HVR1950 to my
broadcom Linux 2.6.18 system. Since I just started up, I hope you can
provide me your guidance:

1)       what kind of drivers I need to have in order to run the driver

      From Hauppauge web site, I saw it needs to have cx2341x driver.
And my kernel contains the driver(might not working though).

2)       What approach will be best for me to start? I saw your web site
that you provided three choices, standalone, v4L and in kernel.

i)                     Standalone: I am not sure if standalone is the
good approach or not. I saw your new patch 20080120 has supported
HVR-1950 already. This seems a good approach for me. The only question
is if I still need its firmware or not. If yes, where can I find HVR1950
firmware? Is it usable for Brtoadcom Linux Kernel?

ii)                   In kernel: My kernel has cx2341x driver as well as
pvrusb2 package. Do I need other drivers? Is it possible I put your
20080120 package inside the kernel?

I really appreciate if you can point me a direction to go.

Thanks a lot

Tina