[pvrusb2] PAL-Plus support

Carsten Meier cm at trexity.de
Fri Nov 7 11:08:30 CST 2008

Am Fri, 7 Nov 2008 10:49:56 -0600 (CST)
schrieb Mike Isely <isely at isely.net>:

> The WSS information described in the wikipedia page refers to
> additional bits encoded in the frame - in the vertical blanking
> interval.  This is an example of VBI - which the driver doesn't
> currently support unfortunately.
>
> WSS information in the mpeg stream is a different sort of animal, but
> the mpeg encoder will include that as part of the byte stream.  By
> default it emits "4:3", but you can use a sysfs control to adjust
> it. That's the video_aspect control I had mentioned earlier.  This
> control should also be available in the normal V4L API via the
> mpeg-specific V4l extended controls.

I am currently writing a TV-app (now in pre-alpha state :) ) and
want those infos to automatically switch to the appropriate zoom mode,
so setting those values manually doesn't help very much. I've already
read that the VBI-support is on the to-do-list, but wasn't quite sure
if WSS may work anyway. Are there any plans to implement it in the near
future?