[pvrusb2] Can't get Hauppauge HVR-1950 to work

Roger rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org
Sat Nov 15 05:01:32 CST 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 05:30 -0500, Lars Maersk wrote:
> The issue with the broken frames is due exclusively to the way I'm using
> mplayer. I hadn't even noticed that the digital side is plagued by the same
> issue. I followed Mike's suggestion of capturing the file (cat /dev/video1 >
> tmp.mpg in my case) and captured over 1 hour's worth of video. The driver is
> working perfectly with the latest ArchLinux kernel.

Since we all don't use the same distro (fyi, Mike uses Debian ;-)

$ uname -a

> I want to thank this list for the help and particularly Mike for his work on
> the driver and the documentation. I had been struggling with this device for
> over a week and I thought I had read everything I could about the 1950
> (obviously I hadn't). This list solved my problems in less than 24 hours.
>
> Thanks again Yusik and Mike!
>
> Lars

Haven't taken the leap yet.  Think I'll procrastinate until February or
so.  When you get a chance, please advise us on your MythTV experience
along with getting lirc working with the remote control!

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html